The Art of Taekwondo is the first premium course of it’s kind of Martial Arts Academy Online that will be instructed by Martynas Karys (M.K.) a Taekwondo Master who studied various Martial Arts styles and competed in tournaments for over 15 years.
What will I get by taking this course?
- A Unique opportunity to take an online course that is specifically designed to mimic real-life Martial Arts School.
- You will get a lesson that will become available to you EVERY DAY.
- TWICE per week you will get access to a FOLLOW-ALONG type lesson, just like you would in an actual Martial Arts school. These lessons will be around 45min long – average duration of a regular martial arts class.
- For the rest of the days of the week you will get access to mini lessons to re-enforce what you already learned and give you some interesting drills to work on.
- Entire curriculum consists of different Belt colors which contains their own mini-curriculum, just like in real school you will get a chance to take a LIVE 1 on 1 Belt Test where you can show your skills that you have learned thus far. Upon completion of a belt test, you will get your belt shipped to you along with a certificate indicating your current skill level. If you don’t pass on the first try, don’t worry – you can take the belt test as many times as you need in order to pass it.
- Ultimately, you will get a chance to earn a 1st degree Black Belt at the end of the course, this black belt (upon completion of a final exam) will be issued through official Korean Kukkiwon organization and will be recognized worldwide, at any local Taekwondo school. You will be entered in KMS (Taekwondo Headquarters) system where anybody will be able to confirm your current level.
- Access to a monthly LIVE lesson where MK will be teaching real-time and at the end of which you will get to ask him questions. If you can’t make it to live lessons, don’t worry, as they will be recorded and posted to the curriculum shortly after the broadcast.
What if I am a beginner?
- That is perfectly fine, this course is designed for beginners, to take you from the very beginning and guide you through the journey of Martial Arts all the way to the very first Black Belt.
- You will be able to request private lessons with M.K. conducted via Skype or similar service to help you on your way to perfection.
Is this just a sports Taekwondo course?
- ABSOLUTELY NOT! This is a lot more than just a taekwondo course. Sure, you will be taught all the required techniques for WTF recognized Taekwondo curriculum. But it goes way beyond that, you will learn punches, elbow, knee strikes, blocks way outside the scope of Taekwondo and so much more.
- I will be teaching you everything that I have learned in my Martial Arts experience and so that you get a better idea of what it is, here are some of the styles that i have practiced in the past – Praying Mantis Kung Fu, Shaolin Kung Fu, Taekwondo, Hapkido, Bushido Karate, Muay Thai, 52 Blocks Boxing, Jeet Kune Do…
Can I do this course if I do not have a training partner?
- Yes, you can still take this course even without a training partner, to an extent. I will be providing you with options for drills and exercises if you don’t have a partner, but in order to attain the Black Belt, you will need to find training and sparring partners later in the course.
- Don’t worry, we will do our best in helping you out with it. You can utilize our forum to post a request for a training partner at your local area, we can also reach out via our Social Media channels to help you find people to train with.
I don’t want the belts, can I still take this course?
- YES! Belt tests are optional so you can choose not to take them and just simply follow the curriculum and absorb the information that I lay out for you. However, if you don’t take the belt tests, you will not receive certifications or the final Black Belt through KMS. You will receive valuable information and knowledge that I will disclose to you throughout the course.
What is the difference between this course and many others around the Internet?
- First of all, this is the FIRST and ONLY course (to our knowledge) which will provide an official globally recognized Black Belt license which is verifiable through Korean Kukkiwon Headquarters Database.
- This course offers lessons in a follow-along format which is unusual for most online Martial Arts curriculum. This course will mimic a real life school, just like you would attend a regular school twice per week (or more) so you will receive full length lessons twice each week in this course (in addition to the mini lessons you will get access to the rest of the week).
- QUALITY! We make sure that the students receive top notch quality lessons, in addition, you will get to take Belt Tests LIVE 1 on 1 with an instructor, which is actually a LOT BETTER THAN REAL LIFE school where many students take a belt test at the same time and receive little attention from the instructor/master.
- All the lessons are uniquely tied to the proprietary App – MA Skills that is unique to this community. You will receive homework assignments after each lesson which you can complete right along side MK who will be doing it with you.
- Experienced Master who is trained in many different styles. You can verify current standing of his credentials in official Korean Kukkiwon Database. Simply follow these instructions:
- Go to KMS Database search console HERE.
- To find MK there type in the following:
- Nationality: American
- Name: Martynas Karys
- Date of Birth: 880425
- Hit “Click” and you will see :
Sample video of the course:
|AOT: Lesson 1: Basic Dojang Etiquette and Stances||00:50:00|
|AOT: Lesson 1 Homework||00:33:00|
|AOT: WB Mini lesson 1: Full Body Stretching||00:51:00|
|Stretching is of utmost importance, and so let's make sure our entire body is flexible for executing techniques.|
|AOT: Lesson 2: Basic Footwork||00:48:00|
|AOT: Lesson 2 Homework||00:30:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 2: Meditation||00:10:00|
|Meditation is a great way to improve your concentration, focus, to clear your mind and relieve stress.|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 3: Muscle Endurance Circuits||00:34:00|
|AOT: Lesson 3: Jab Punch||00:45:00|
|AOT: Do 500 Jab Punches, Each Hand||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 3 Homework||00:33:00|
|Let's practice the Jab Punch together.|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 4: Meditation||00:10:00|
|Meditation is great for your focus, concentration stress management and so forth. Let's meditate!|
|AOT: Lesson 4: Switch Step & Low Block||00:47:00|
|Let's learn how to block low level attacks and how to use the Switch Step.|
|AOT: Do 500 Low Blocks, Moving in a Front Stance||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 4 Homework||00:31:00|
|Lets practice the low block and switch step together.|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 5: Full Body Stretching||00:51:00|
|Stretching is immensely important for preventing injuries, making your kicks and punches faster and body more loose.|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 6: Awareness (Jab Sense of Distance) Drill||00:31:00|
|AOT: Lesson 5: The Front Kick||00:48:00|
|Front Kick is an excellent tool for teaching your body the movements required for many more advanced kicks. It is also a practical kick to know.|
|AOT: Do 100 Front Kicks, Each leg||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 5 Homework FA||00:31:00|
|Let's practice Front Kick together.|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 7: Meditation||00:10:00|
|Meditation is excellent for focus, concentration and stress relief.|
|AOT: Lesson 6: The Push Kick||00:53:00|
|AOT: Do 100 Push Kicks, Each leg||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 6 Homework||00:32:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 8: Full Body Stretching||00:51:00|
|Let's stretch for increased speed and to reduce injuries.|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 9: Sense of Distance (Front Kick)||00:33:00|
|AOT: Lesson 7: The Axe Kick||00:51:00|
|AOT: Do 100 Axe Kicks, Each Leg||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 7 Homework||00:37:00|
|AOT: Mini Lesson 10: Meditation||00:10:00|
|AOT: Lesson 8: High Block||00:47:00|
|AOT: Do 500 High Blocks, Moving in a Front Stance||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 8 Homework||00:30:00|
|AOT: Mini Lesson 11: Full Body Stretching||00:51:00|
|AOT: Mini Lesson 12: Awareness Drill||00:35:00|
|AOT: Lesson 9: Tiger Form Part 1||00:45:00|
|AOT: Lesson 9 Homework||00:34:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 13: Meditation||00:10:00|
|AOT: Lesson 10: Tiger Form Part 2||00:43:00|
|AOT: Do Tiger Form 30 Times||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 10 Homework||00:34:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 14: Full Body Stretching||00:51:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 15: Auditory Reaction Drill||00:33:00|
|AOT: Lesson 11: Kicking Combinations||00:43:00|
|AOT: Lesson 11 Homework||00:32:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 16: Meditation||00:10:00|
|AOT: Lesson 12: Mixed Combinations||00:45:00|
|AOT: Lesson 12 Homework||00:34:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 17: Full Body Stretching||00:51:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 18: Speedball Drill (Jab Punch)||00:36:00|
|AOT: Lesson 13: Complete Review Part 1||00:51:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 19: Application of Hand Techniques||00:05:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 20: Meditation||00:10:00|
|AOT: Lesson 14: Complete Review, Part 2||00:41:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 21: Application of Kicks||00:05:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 22: Full Body Stretching||00:51:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 23: 3 States of Initiation||00:06:00|
|AOT: White Belt Curriculum Quiz||00:20:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 24: Schedule Your Belt Test||00:03:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 25: Meaning of White Belt||00:01:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 26: Five Tenets of Taekwondo||00:03:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 27: Brief History of Taekwondo||00:20:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 28: Meditation||00:10:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 29: Full Body Stretching||00:51:00|
|AOT: WB Mini Lesson 30: Congratulations!||00:02:00|
|Yellow Belt Curriculum|
|AOT: Lesson 15, Cross Punch||00:42:00|
|AOT: Do 500 Cross Punches, Each Hand||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 15 Homework||00:34:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 1, Seated Meditation||00:10:00|
|AOT: Lesson 16, Roundhouse Kick||00:42:00|
|AOT: Do 200 Roundhouse Kicks, Each Leg||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 16 Homework||00:30:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 2, Full Body Stretching||00:34:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 3, Sense of Distance Drill (Push Kick)||00:28:00|
|AOT: Lesson 17, Inside Block||00:38:00|
|AOT: Do 500 Inside Block||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 17 Homework||00:28:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 4, Meditation 2||00:05:00|
|AOT: Lesson 18, Cross Punch Variations||00:48:00|
|AOT: Do 500 Cross Punches in Variations||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 18 Homework||00:35:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 5, Full Body Stretching||00:33:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 6, Sense of Distance Drill Cross Punch||00:33:00|
|AOT: Lesson 19, Outside Block||00:44:00|
|AOT: Do 500 Outside Blocks||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 19 Homework||00:32:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 7, Seated Meditation||00:10:00|
|AOT: Lesson 20, Fast Step and Long Step||00:48:00|
|AOT: Do 300 Fast Steps and 200 Long Steps||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 20 Homework||00:31:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 8, Full Body Stretching||00:34:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 9, Sense of Distance Drill, Roundhouse Kick||00:33:00|
|AOT: Lesson 21, Fast Kick and Long Kick||00:50:00|
|AOT: Do 200 Fast Kicks/Long Kicks Each Leg||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 21 Homework||00:33:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 10, Alternate Nostril Breathing||00:05:00|
|AOT: Lesson 22, Taeguk Il Jang (Part 1)||00:38:00|
|AOT: Lesson 22 Homework||00:26:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 11, Full Body Stretching||00:32:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 12, Fast/Long Kick Defense Drill||00:35:00|
|AOT: Lesson 23, Taeguk Il Jang (Part 2)||00:38:00|
|AOT: Do Taeguk Il Jang 30 Times||UNLIMITED|
|AOT: Lesson 23 Homework||00:25:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 13, Seated Meditation||00:10:00|
|AOT: Lesson 24, Increasing Speed of Techniques||00:41:00|
|AOT: Lesson 24 Homework||00:34:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 14, Full Body Stretching||00:34:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 15, Timing and Accuracy Drill (Roundhouse)||00:32:00|
|AOT: Lesson 25, Kicking Combinations||00:51:00|
|AOT: Lesson 25 Homework||00:31:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 16, Alternate Nostril Breathing||00:05:00|
|AOT: Lesson 26, Mixed Combinations||00:49:00|
|AOT: Lesson 26 Homework||00:34:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 17, Full Body Stretching||00:34:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 18, 3 Self-Defense Principles||00:30:00|
|AOT: Lesson 27, Full Review Part 1||00:37:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 19, Sense of Distance Drill Cross Punch||00:33:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 20, Seated Meditation||00:05:00|
|AOT: Lesson 28, Full Review Part 2||00:29:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 21, Sense of Distance Drill, Roundhouse Kick||00:33:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 22, Full Body Stretching||00:34:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 23, Fast/Long Kick Defense Drill||00:35:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 24, Schedule Your Belt Exam||00:03:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 25, Bruce Lee Lost Interview||00:25:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 26: Hand Techniques Applications||00:05:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 27, Alternate Nostril Breathing||00:05:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 28, Leg Techniques Applications||00:06:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 29, Full Body Stretching||00:32:00|
|AOT: YB Mini Lesson 30, Congratulations!||00:02:00|
|Advanced Yellow Belt Curriculum|
|Orange Belt Curriculum|
|Advanced Orange Belt Curriculum|
|Green Belt Curriculum|
|Advanced Green Belt Curriculum|
|Blue Belt Curriculum|
|Advanced Blue Belt Curriculum|
|Red Belt Curriculum|
|Advanced Red Belt Curriculum|
|Brown Belt Curriculum|
|Advanced Brown Belt Curriculum|